Dubai has historically been an international hub for the physical trade of not only gold, but also many other commodities and so the establishment of the Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange (DGCX) was the next logical step for the region and the local economy. DGCX commenced trading in November 2005 as the regions first commodity derivatives exchange and has become today, the leading derivatives exchange in the Middle East.
DGCX is an initiative of the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC), Financial Technologies (India) Limited and the Multi Commodity Exchange of India Limited (MCX). The Management team of DGCX comprises senior personnel from the commodities, securities and financial services industries bringing a wealth of experience and expertise to ensure the success of DGCX.
Benefits of Trading on DGCX
Our range of futures contracts offers participants of the physical commodities markets, such as producers, manufacturers and end users, with a sophisticated means of hedging their price risk exposure. Such price risk management has previously been unavailable to producers in the Middle East. In addition, DGCX offers trading opportunities to financial communities and investment houses in both the Middle East and around the globe who wish to access the growing asset class of commodity and currency derivatives.
• Guaranteed settlement and reduced counterparty risk provided by Dubai Commodities Clearing Corporation (DCCC), a subsidiary 100% owned by DGCX
• The advantage of transacting and clearing business within the UAE and thus the local taxation and regulatory regimes
• A simple fee structure - one fee for all participants. All participants also pay the same margin, whether commercial or non-commercial entities
• An opening to both regional and international liquidity pools
• Robust risk management and surveillance systems
• Uninterrupted trading hours from 7:00am – 11:30pm (GMT +4)
• Regulated by the Securities & Commodities Authority (SCA)
The UAE enjoys an ideal location between the time zones of Europe and the Far East and DGCX offers a range of products from the precious metal, base metal, energy and currency sectors.