USD – Russian Ruble Futures
Russian Ruble – United States (USD-RUB) dollar futures contract is a part of the key initiative of the exchange to give access to currencies that are relevant to the region as well as be a one stop shop for emerging market currencies.
The USD-RUB contract is relevant to the region as Russia is one of the largest trade partner of UAE, and lot of investment in UAE come from Russia and CIS. Many Russian companies have large presence in UAE.
- USD-RUB is accessible from 7.00 AM- 11.55 PM UAE time
- Small contract size $50,000 suitable for traders and organizations with smaller exposures
- One of the only regulated platforms offering USD-RUB Futures in GCC
- UAE is a Tax Free jurisdiction ensuring no tax liability arising out of accrued profit
- Overlaps most trading zones including Europe and United States hence any news effecting the RUB markets lies within the time zone
- Ideal location for corporate organizations with exposure to hedge RUB as onshore RUB liquidity availability is difficult
Contract Parameters Contract Type Future Contract Name RUB/US Dollar Contract Symbol DUSDRUB Underlying Russian Rouble Contract Size USD 50,000 Notional Contract Value USD 50,000 Trading Currency RUB Settlement Currency USD Price Quote RUB per USD Tick Size RUB 0.001 Tick Value RUB 50 Settlement Basis Cash Settled Final Cash Settlement Price (FCSP) FCSP is based on the official USD-RUB fixing published by the Central Bank of Russia on Last Trading Day Last Trading Day (LTD) 14th day of the Expiry month Trading Days Exchange Business Days* Trading Hours 07:00 – 23:55 Hours Dubai time Trading Months Quarterly for three months forward New Contract Listing Business Day immediately following the Last Trading Day Max Order Size 200 Lots Wholesale Trades Block Trade minimum size threshold: 50 lots. EFP/EFS also available. Trades must be submitted 15 minutes after execution No Cancellation Range See link: www.dgcx.ae/price-limits
Expiry Month Expiry Code Last Trading Day Dec'18 DUSDRUB-20181217 17 Dec 2018 Mar'19 DUSDRUB-20190315 15 Mar 2019 Jun'19 DUSDRUB-20190617 17 Jun 2019