CAD – USD Futures
Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange provides local participants with futures contracts in the world major six currencies that are the Euro (EUR), Pound Sterling (GBP), Japanese Yen (JPY), Swiss Franc (CHF), Canadian Dollar (CAD) and Australian Dollar (AUD) versus the USD.
These currency pairs are the most traded in the world. The exchange offers these contracts for hedging and trading in a secure and regulated environment, without remittance of and money overseas. The contracts are deliverable and hence ideal for corporate organization and trading companies to hedge their exposures.
- Three month contracts to match with most import export exposures
- Deliverable products
- Small contract size suitable for traders and organizations with smaller exposures
- The contracts are quoted as turtle contracts so that profit and loss is realized in USD
- One of the only regulated platforms offering major currency futures in the entire GCC region
- Margins are accepted in UAE Dirhams so you can take exposure using local currency
- UAE is a Tax Free jurisdiction ensuring no tax liability arising out of accrued profit
- Market hours from 7.00 AM till 11.55 AM UAE time
- Overlaps most trading zones including Europe and United States
Contract Parameters Contract Symbol DCAD Underlying Canadian Dollar ( CAD) Contract Size CAD 50,000 Notional Contract Value CAD 50,000 Trading Currency US Dollar Settlement Currency US Dollar Price Quote US$ quoted in Cents per CAD Tick Size US$ 0.0001 per CAD or US$ 5 per tick Tick Value US$ 5 Settlement Basis Cash Settlement Physically Deliverable Last Day of Trading Business days before third Wednesday of expiry month Trading Days Monday through to Friday Trading Hours 07:00 - 23:55 Hours Dubai time (GMT+4) Trading Months Mar, Jun, Sep and Dec New Contract Listing Business day immediately folloing the last trading day Max Order Size 500 lots for Banks and institutions promoted by Banks. All other entities 200 Lots Daily Price Movement Limit No Price Limits (Note 1*) Initial Margin based on SPAN Click on the "Initial Margin" TAB Calendar Spread Margin 100% benefits is offered on calendar spread positions Calendar Spread Margin 100% benefits is offered on calendar spread positions Note 1*: For the avoidance of "fat finger" errors, price band shall be 1.5 US Cents from previous settlement price If price breaches the daily price movement limit, trading in particular contract shall continue, with the new trading price range without any cooling period
Product Contract Identifier Last Trading Date Expiry Date Tender Start Date Tender End Date Delivery Start Date Delivery End Date DCAD DCAD-20180320 20-Mar-2018 20-Mar-2018 20-Mar-2018 20-Mar-2018 21-Mar-2018 21-Mar-2018 DCAD DCAD-20180619 19-Jun-2018 19-Jun-2018 19-Jun-2018 19-Jun-2018 20-Jun-2018 20-Jun-2018 DCAD DCAD-20180918 18-Sep-2018 18-Sep-2018 18-Sep-2018 18-Sep-2018 19-Sep-2018 19-Sep-2018 DCAD DCAD-20181218 18-Dec-2018 18-Dec-2018 18-Dec-2018 18-Dec-2018 19-Dec-2018 19-Dec-2018