DGCX Brent Crude Oil Futures (DBRC) will allow DGCX participants to trade in the biggest Crude Oil benchmarks globally. Linking up the European referenced market to that of the Americas in WTI. The use of DBRC as a reference pricing mechanism extends far beyond the UK, Europe and other regional markets. The product design of DBRC brings one of the most heavily traded energy products to the DGCX. Alongside WTI, DBRC pricing accounts for over 50% of global supply, with price movements having an impact on prices in territories as far afield as the Middle East, China and the Americas.
Paired with the DGCX’s existing Hydrocarbons portfolio, the DBRC futures contract draws a greater appeal to existing contracts on other exchanges which are of a differing specification. The DBRC contract will help facilitate price discovery by new and existing market participants, offering protection and hedging opportunities to an increasingly motivated trading community.
- Trade your views, tax free on the Brent Crude Oil Futures market
- Arbitrage opportunity with global commodity exchanges as well as existing DGCX WTI Futures contracts.
- Low cost structure with 80% trading margin offset against the major DGCX WTI and Mini WTI Futures contract.
- 100% trading margin credit on calendar spreads.
- Greater access to international energy markets with clear, understandable rules, regulations and contract specifications
- Unique trading opportunity in the region to participate in global oil markets
- Unique contract size that can be compared directly or as a ratio to other global exchanges
- USD denominated, Cash settled with a tick size of USD $10
- Tax Free – No transaction Tax and Zero Capital Gains tax
- Market hours encompassing the largest global liquidity pools
- Traded on a secure regulated marketplace permitting global participation
|Contract Name||Brent Crude Oil Futures|
|Underlying||Brent Crude Oil|
|Contract Size||1,000 Barrels (42,000 Gallons)|
|Notional Contract Value||1,000 x Price|
|Price Quote||US Dollars and Cents per Barrel|
|Tick Size||US$ 0.01|
|Tick Value||US$ 10.00|
|Settlement Basis||Cash Settled|
|Final Cash Settlement Price (FCSP)||FCSP is based on the publicly available reference price displayed on Last Trading Day|
|Last Trading Day (LTD)||The second last Business Day of the second month preceding the relevant contract month (e.g. the March contract will expire on the second last Business Day in January)|
|Trading Days||Exchange Business Days*|
|Trading Hours||07:00 – 23:55 Hours Dubai time|
|Trading Months||Monthly contracts for eighteen months forward|
|New Contract Listing||Business Day immediately following the Last Trading Day|
|Max Order Size||200 Lots|
|Wholesale Trades||Block Trade minimum size threshold: 50 lots. EFP/EFS also available. Trades must be submitted 15 minutes after execution|
|No Cancellation Range||See link: www.dgcx.ae/price-limits|
*See Exchange By-Laws Part N
|Expiry Month||Expiry Code||Last Trading Day|